Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Club Houses and The First Two Weeks

Good news, everybody!


Actually...I've got not much of anything I just really like saying good news. So, here I am, once again at the internet cafe. I already skyped with my parents and sister, which was fun, and I tried to skype with Justin and Jenn, but apparently skype hates me, so we failed.

Class has been good. It's 3 hours a day, every day except Wednesday ( our day off) Thursday and Friday we have additional classes with Jason Barrows. Thursday starts the Japanese Art class, which is comparing Impressionist art to a certain form of Japanese, I don't know, we're not that far into the subject yet. The other class is 3 hours of American Culture ( kill me). We international students are there basically to help Jason so far, as it's mainly geared toward the Japanese students.

Speaking of the students, I really like it here, so far I haven't had a bad experience with people my age here. Yay.

So they have a club house here, which holds, in all the various rooms, the circles or clubs. Ranging from a Tea-Ceremony group to music appreciation to Judo, it's packed with things to do. The first week back was heavy recruitment ( at least I think) and walking in was rather intense. IT was filled with people and I ended up signing up for a lot of stuff, ha! I looked at Aikido, Japanese Archery, hiking, and ran up to see the HI-C kids, (which is the club that helps us international peeps out, love those guys)

Basically what went down was this: I was really interesting in Japanese Archery, 'cause, you know:
"What did you do in Japan?"
"Pffft, freaking Japanese Archery, and what?!"

So yeah. But it was waaaay to expensive for me to just take for the one semester I'm here, so long story short, with the help of my friend Elias, I found Judo, and am going to meet them at 6 tonight!

Other than that, things are going well. It's once again Wednesday, therefore explaining my time spent at the internet cafe. I'm really enjoying my time here, I don't know what else there is to say! More about how clubs go I think, after I'm done with today.

Golden week is coming up, which means I'll have a few days off, don't ask me how I'm goin to spend them though. Also, it should be getting warmer, so the blossoms might actually be in bloom soon. I feel like I had more to say but I can't imagine what it was....

Take care all, I'll write again when something interesting happens, heh.

1 comment: