Thursday, April 30, 2009

Of Aflack, weather, and other things...

SO. It`s friday morning and I was rushing Wednesday so here is le blog of the week. I try to incorporate all languages equally...


Anyway, so, you may be wondering why I mentioned aflack in the title of my blog, well....let me tell you. I was watching t.v, as I occasionally if not frequently do, and an Aflack commercial came on. Let the record show, in Japan, that duck is faaaar less obnoxious. His `Aflack` is more of a comforting duck-like presence, instead of an ear grating word that might give the listener a small death wish.

The weather was weird again. It rained and then snowed hard core on Sunday, but now its like 70 degrees out. Niiiiice.

Golden week traveling starts today I think. It`s today, Friday, until Wednesday (which I have off anyway) Lots of Japanese will be out and about, although I`ve heard many may have cancelled American and Mexican trips, one can only imagine why....

I think tomorrow I may be going to a `Hanami party`. This is when you go to a park that the flowers are blooming in and sit around and eat...among other things. Its seems like a lot of fun, or so I hear. Sunday I`ll be going to my Host Family`s other house 3 hours away. Im pretty sure its like a really old cabin. That`ll be for 2 days. We`ll see how that goes..

Judo is going well, they asked if I wanted to enter a tournament later in the month..hah.. I told them I`d gladly watch. Something tells me I wouldn`t be able to handle it actual competition, its hard enough to communicate when I`m doing something wrong. Lets add rules and regulations to that, please...

School is going as well as can be expected. 3 hours at a time is slightly taxing, but hey, what can I do? At least I`ll know some quality Japanese by the time I`m done here.

Ew, speaking of class, gotta run. Hope everyone is taking care and not catching the swine flu.

-Kevin

1 comment:

  1. So how much Japanese are you actually speaking there?

    ReplyDelete