Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wacky Weather, and other things...

Well, people, life is good.

Monday was a fantastic day, as far as weather goes. I threw on a shirt, forgoing the jacket. Put on the afghan, which I'm dubbing the "riding scarf" and away I went with Elias, Kate, and Nat on a nice bike ride. I can't get over living in close proximity to the school, which is right next to the cycling road. Riding my bike every day definitely feels reaaaaaaaal good. Tuesday it rained a lot, which was unpleasant.

I'm settling in with all this school business. 3 hours of straight Japanese is a little daunting, but I am enjoying myself, and am definitely learning quite a bit. I'll be pretty disappointed if I'm not talking more by the end of the class. I had been hoping that being in Japan would somehow mean I'd get over the procrastination bug. I was sadly mistaken. I managed to pull some movies from my friend Elias's hard drive....so Lilo and Stitch I have been watching, and I love it. My independent study is highly dependent on me reading the books on time, which I'm been attempting to do. Soooo much reading, then again, if I plan on attending graduate school, Jason says I should get used to it.

Oh! So. This weekend me and the host family went to the Museum of Contemporary Art. It was awesome, I should go to more museums, I've decided. It wasn't all just Japanese art, but the stuff I saw I liked! What's the saying? "I may not know art, but I know what I like" ?

Whatevs.

Today is another day of Judo practice in the evening. I like it a lot! I forgot how much I liked it, the last time I was in a martial art I was 15. It's nice to be at something physical again. I even got my own gi (uniform) to use from the captain, which is awesome!

A lot of my friends here have decided / are deciding whether to stay a year. I would love to, myself. I think I'm falling a little bit in love with this place, but isn't that expected? I have much too much to do back home, living in a house, being a freakin' Ugly to a great group of ladies (for those who don't know, it's a St. Norbert thing..) Not to mention I think I would miss everyone back at home too much. I was talking with a friend from Okinawa earlier today, Tati, which was nice. She said something that I agree with, it never gets easier moving away from people, which is kind of what I try not to dwell on while I'm here. It's great that I can meet all these wonderful people, people worth knowing, and I'll move away and in all probability, never see them again.

Booo sad thoughts. Again, I try not to dwell.

We do all we can in the time that we are given, after all, life isn't forever, hm?

In other news, I'm pretty sure I'm going to apply for the JET program. That'll mean after school I'll come back to Japan and teach English ( I think..) of coruse they won't tell me where they'll put me, so it's possible I'll be in the middle of Bufu, Nowhere, Japan, but such is life, yes?

Also, Golden week, which I mentioned before, I think I'll be going to a house 3 hours away with the family and chill for a couple of days with them..


Well that's all from me. Take care all, I'll be sitting here in this internet cafe, probably reading for my independent study, and not procrastinating at all, no sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment